Thursday, January 10, 2013

How you are going to become DEBT FREE!


Recently, I've become super passionate about wanting to help someone or a family overcome financial burdens. Within the last five months, I have learned so much about financial behaviors, especially from my husband and myself.  I now can see some light at the end of the tunnel and want you to see that same light. Though I am motivated enough to go through this alone, I would love to cross the finish line with other friends and family.


Like with anything else in this world, the road to debt freedom has steps. I confess - I am a rules person. I read all the steps first and follow them in the exact order. I do not do two steps at once, or skip around on steps. I do one before the other- point blank. For your success, I suggest that you do the same. Now I will mention that although I don't skip steps, I did try to modify them. For instance, I'm currently in step two ( which you will learn about soon) and I wanted to pay off a student loan first instead of a credit card. Long story short this did not work with the steps. I will share with you later why not.

Some of you will read this start the steps and become intense - Gazelle Intense. The reality is the majority of you will not get past some of the first steps which are changing your mindset and doing a budget. I am hoping that I can begin to be helpful to you.

So now how will you get debt free? We are going start with a Budget series January 28th. Most of your monies have been spent and allocated for the rest of the month so why not start fresh. 

In the mean time, set two financial goals for yourself for the year. Include how steps to how you will get there. In a previous post I talked about how to set goals and the importance. I know you can do this - because I am doing it. Money problems are about to be a thing of the past. Happy Savings!




3 comments:

  1. Setting a financial goal is what I would recommend too. When you are aiming for something, you’re more likely to want to move forward. And those two financial goals don’t need to be as big as a house or a car. You’d probably end up with more debt if so. It can be regularly adding up this amount to your emergency fund for a year. Anyway, that’s very nice of you, Tancy, to be willing to go through the process again for your family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I just thank my lucky stars I realized how important it is now while I am a little younger and make some of the right changes. Thanks Jaden!

      Delete
  2. We learn from all the hardships we go through. So if you failed in managing your finances decently, you can get back and start doing it properly. You have to change the way you spend your money though. The best way to start doing that is to identify your priorities in life, so you know that you're cash is paying for what it's worth.

    ReplyDelete